Thursday, March 12, 2009

Filet Mignon or Spam?????






Ok...I need your opinion on something...should I take this as a compliment or not?????
Last night, like every other night, Nicholas jumped in the bed with me for a few minutes. Since he was little I called this "giving him warmies" to take to bed with him. Well as usual, he got in the bed briefly and gave me his hug and kiss. (He is a VERY loving boy---a true Mama's boy). Then he got in close again and said, "Mama, you smell like meat". I just didn't know if that was a compliment or not....you see, he was sincere and hopped out of the bed and went to his room.
Now, I know he is a pre-teenager and sometimes they say things that are smarty and what not...but he was seriously sincere. I wonder...is my scent of that of Filet Mignon or Spam???...is it hot dog or turkey????? I'm puzzled...is this a compliment?

It takes me back to when he was about three years old and told me that I smell sooooooooooo good...just like Mayonaise....I need to throw up...NO I need a shower....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay........ It could be a LOT worse. I mean he could have said that you smelled like mayonaise again. Think positive.... he was obviously thinking that the "meat" smell was...... potted meat, SPAM, or maybe even sardines. You never know when the words are coming from a pre-teen. Take it as a positive moment -

1) he is snuggling with you.
2) he thinks that you smell like.... MEAT !!!!!

What a compliment. :~/

Holly Browder said...

I am think rump roast...

Michelle said...

I have asked...and he has now clarified....he thinks it was like a "Publix Roasted Chicken"!!!
Lordy Mercy that's greasy!!!