Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Saturday at Smith Lake









Last Saturday, we got to spent the day with the Burk's at Smith lake. We had a beautiful day...the weather was Perfect. The kids...and adults... enjoyed all the lake fun. We did intertubing, skiing, swimming, going on a boat ride, jet skiiing, cliff jumping..and even feeding the fish at the local "Redneck Disney World". You have to witness the feeding of this massive fish to truly understand what I am talking about. It's the craziest thing that I've ever seen. After you pull you r boat up at the lake store docks...you go inside and ask for fish food. The lady behind the counter proceeds to give you a clear plastic baby bottle and a handful of Saltine Crackers. I guess the look of puzzlement would be how to describe my face the first time I did it. Well, lucky for us, we had Sarah Kathryn with us. It's clear she has visited this "amusement Park" MANY times. She was a professional. She quickly jerked the top off of the baby bottle and without any hesitation promptly filled it with lake water. Next, she began crushing the saltine crackers into the lake filled baby bottle. I was stunned. What in the world was she doing. I thought for a minute that the Lake water had finally penetrated her brain and she had lost it completely...but without reservation..Nicholas, Madeline and Christopher followed Sarah's lead. After the bottles were "delicately prepped"...the fedding began. YES, you heard it from me...they stuck the baby bottles into the water and these HUGE fish swam up and..drank???..ate???...from the bottles!!!!!!!!!! I was amazed!!!! I have included some pictures to actually validate this bizarre story. ONLY in Alabama...fish drinking from baby bottles...heck, this place is REDNECK DISNEY WORLD!!!!! What will I see next...deer shopping at Walmart...'possum in the drive through line at McDonalds.... WOW...I need a Tylenol!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Andrea Burk said...

I am so glad that you all came up to the lake on the 5th. We had a blast! I have seen those fish at least 100 times and they never cease to amaze me! You are right, only in ALABAMA!!

Make plans for another trip before the summer is over!

Anonymous said...

From what I have heard, and now seen in the pictures it looks like everyone had a great time. I hate that Ashleigh and I missed out - maybe Ash can make it later on. (I'm probably still out). I can't believe that you got a picture of Mimmie - without her hand over her face.(where was the "wind" bonnett?)

Christopher really had a great time. He is still talking about how much fun he had. (Thanks Burks)

I think that we need to change Madeline's name to "NO FEAR KID". Great picture of her mid-air.