
I hope that you notice the LAYERS of clothes that we are wearing...No, it's not for a fashion statement, it's because we are FREEZING in this picture. It was taken on Liberty Island when we visited the Statue of Liberty. The high that day was 26 degrees and it felt like it was -26 for us Southern Ladies.
We would get up early in the mornings and hit it hard all day long. We wanted the girls to be able to experience as much as possible while we were there. We went to the TODAY show on Friday and it was possibly...the COLDEST I have ever been in my life. Standing in the small area outside the NBC studios in Rockefeller Center at 16 degrees was PAINFUL! I honestly thought I had lost a couple of toes to frostbite. We had a good time while there. We thought that since it was Ashleigh's 15th birthday...the girls decided to wear birthday hats in her honor. We did not make our national television debut...but, we did see the anchors and weather girl that day. After 1 1/2 hours we gathered our frozen bodies and headed BACK to the hotel to add more layers to survive the remainder of the day! WHEW!



We visited the Empire State Building (Another FRIGID experience), Macy's, Times Square, FAO Schwartz, Central Park, China Town, Little Italy and so much more.
One of our favorite things was going to see Mary Poppins on Broadway!
I had seen it last year when I went to NYC with friends so I insisted that we go again because I knew that they would love it! And, I was RIGHT!!!! It was as fabulous as it was the first time that I saw it! We also got to go backstage after the show and see Rebecca Luker who plays Mrs. Banks in the show. She is from our hometown and my sister Andrea went to High School with her. The girls were starstruck. They got her autograph and had their picture made with her also. What an experience. Sarah Kathryn has now decided to become a Broadway actress when she grows up now that she has seen the show!!!!!











After walking all day and power sight seeing...a major highlight of the evening was the Foot and shoulder massages that Sarah Kathryn gave us ALL every night. Now, this massage thing did not come free from her. I had to promise to but her a present for making our footsies feel better each night so that we could GO GO GO in the mornings!!!! Thanks Sat Kat!!!!


Like all good things, our fun had end. We left early Sunday morning and after an eventful adventure home, we arrived back in Birmingham Sunday evening.
Thanks girls for letting me go with you! We will need to go on another trip one day!
Here is my FAVORITE picture from the whole weekend:....

Your Auntie Moto loves you!!!!



1 comment:
Fun! Fun! Fun! Although I am still trying to recover! Where are we going next?
Post a Comment