One of my favorite things to read (other than blogs) are celebrity and style magazines. I even find myself going to the websites of these magazines to catch up daily on the latest happenings of my favorite stars. It is also a resource for me to see what is in style and what is predicted to be in style for the upcoming season. Well...last night, as I was making my routine web search...I read some distressing fashion news that I felt just had to be discussed on my blog. One of the websites that I read often stated that..and I quote..."the big teased hair of the 80's is making a big comeback today". WHAT??????????? Are they talking about the same hair that I wore so well back in high school? The hair that I could tease and back comb to perfectly coif the perfect bang? The same hair that I over-permed, sprayed with Aqua-Net, and puffed out until it could puff no more???? THIS is coming back in style????? WHO is charge of the Fashion do's and don'ts of the world? WHO has fallen and hit their head? What are THEY thinking???? I followed all of those trends back in the 80's...I was definitely an 80's child...but will not accept the fact that that look will EVER be cute!!!! I look at my old pictures now and laugh until I wet my pants. I often ask my hubby what it was about my physical appearance that attracted him to me....was it the huge puff that I made with my bangs that extended at least 3 1/2 inches above the rest of my head?...was is the over sprayed hair caves on each side of my head by my ears that stood out far enough for a softball to fit in?...OR, I know...was it the 3 gallons of hair spray that I applied to my hair so that not a hair would MOVE out of place? PLEASE...fashion police of the world...don't do this to our youth...they will look back and laugh like I do now...I'm still giggling...
I am including some FINE pics of myself so you can giggle too... we all need to stand up against this fashion tragedy...LOOK at me!!!! Poor thing!!!!
These two were made during my college days...look at the lovely hair..... Why oh why????


This one was made on our honeymoon....we were on a boat... for about 8 hours...despite the wind and seaspray...the Aqua-Net held tight and my big hair stayed as big as ever!!!!!(Look at what babies we were too!!!!)
2 comments:
ok..... look at the picture of you in the "lovely" green......curtain. Put your hand over the
poofy-doofy" hair. It is Nicholas. Scarrryyyy ~ I love all of the "do's" that you have talked about. I remember the time that it took you to make the mammoth caves in you hair.... the hairspray, hot rollers... everything so that you would look like Desoto Caverns?
I love the hair!! In the honeymoon picture, I see Nicholas so much in Kirk!! By the way...sea serpent!!!
Post a Comment