


Last week, we took a family vacation to the beach. It was WONDEFUL! The weather was perfect, the accommodations were awesome, the food was fantastic...we could not have had a better time! On Friday, we decided to go deep sea fishing to end our trip! I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about getting sea sick and all, but, popped me some Dramamine and headed out for the boat at 7 am Friday morning. Neither Nicholas or I had ever been before so it was a real learning experience for us. I learned real quickly to make make friends with the Deck hands. Before the boat pulled out, everyone fishing agreed on the "Biggest Fish" bet at $5.00 per person. After about an hour and a half of riding we were 18 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico and the fishing could begin. I was AMAZED at how fast I caught a fish. I barely dropped my bait in the water and....GULP...the thing was eaten and I was was pulling up a big Red Snapper! It was so exciting! After about 3o minutes of casting and catching...Nicholas got onto a HUGE fish! The Struggle began! His little arms were shaking and the fight was on! The Deck hand was encouraging him to "pull and reel" and Nicholas did his best! Finally...the fish emerged to the surface...a 30 pound Red Snapper!!!! It was huge! Nicholas was worn out after reeling that thing in!
We continued to fish and I caught a 20 pound Grouper myself! I was exhausted! Kirk caught many big ones and so did Christopher!
After we had caught our limit for the day, the boat headed back in shore! When we got to the dock, it was undisputed...Nicholas had caught the biggest fish and he walked away with not only a puffed up prideful chest...but, 55 dollars as well!!!! Way to go BABY!!!!!







1 comment:
sounds like you guys had fun!
Post a Comment